Tourist Info Desk

Welcome to Fernweh, a blog concerning the (mis)adventures of one Fulbrighter during a year spent in Europe teaching English.
If you'd like to know what's going on, please see the welcome message here.
If you're wondering what the book reviews are about, I direct your attention to the reading list/classic lit challenge here.
Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to hearing from you!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Herzlich Willkommen!

My name is Jennifer, and I've recently received a Fulbright Teaching Assistantship to Germany. I wanted to document this experience, as much for my own edification and enjoyment as for anyone else who cares to tune in.

I've currently finished all the necessary paperwork up until this point and am simply waiting now for a placement from the Pädagogischer Austauschdient (PAD). In the meantime, I'll be working on improving my conversational German and compiling resources for my future classroom. I also plan to leave 1-2 months early and travel in Europe during the summer before meeting up with the rest of the Fulbrighters for an orientation in September.

I'll do my best to update consistently, at least when I have something interesting to describe or report. This may include interesting articles or links that might be useful in the classroom, book recommendations or summaries, and relevant current news or events in Germany or Europe.

Also bis bald--

No comments:

Post a Comment